lostinillusion

lostinillusion
illusions of life captured in memory

Monday, October 4, 2010

Midnight Musings

It’s the middle of the night and am still awake. There are a few things to give me company, the smokes of the incense stick, dim light of the low powered bulb, a few absolute classic novels and a hot steaming bowl of maggie noodles.
These few things seemed to give me constant company. Another fixation happened to be blocks of bitter chocolates. People say that chocolates help in lifting the mood when one is upset. Strangely in this case it was different. Somehow whenever my set of teeth bit into a bar of bitter chocolate I felt even more depressed. Murky incidents of the past seemed even murkier.


That night I had Pablo Neruda’s Twenty Love Poems as my companion, not to mention my loneliness. He is a great guy. Rightly says ‘Love is brief, Forgetting lasts so long…”. My lone self and pregnant mind seemed to resonate Neruda’s lines, tonight I can write the saddest lines.
With a filled mind, a heavy heart and reciting Neruda’s lines I again took a bite of the bitter chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. very evocative and nicely written...i went through a similar phase when biting into chocolate just made me really unhappy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. couldn't have been put in a better way. You very aptly described a feeling I come across every now and then :)

    ReplyDelete