lostinillusion

lostinillusion
illusions of life captured in memory

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Rendesvous with the Rains

And there it stood in the kitchen shelf. Beckoning me with its tantalizing smell, a hot steaming cup of cappuccino, sprinkled with cocoa powder. My desired one, one which I yearn for, every minute and every second, whether am jovial or sad or experiencing severe mood swings.


Heavy rains slashed against the window panes. Droplets had gathered on the glass pane giving it a smoky and sensuous look. The leaves were in the best of their colors, shining brightly. Rain washed mother nature stood in front of me, absolutely spik and span. I was carried off to an almost different plane altogether.


Yes I had to go. I ran up to the rain washed terrace without any second thought. I stood there at the middle of the terrace with my arms stretched out. The heavy downpour blanketed me and my senses completely. It was absolute ecstasy. I could feel a velvety touch underneath my feet. I was engulfed by the rain’s intensity.


No horns, no hustle bustle of the concrete jungle was to be heard. It was only me and the rain droplets in an open terrace on a just another ordinary day which became extraordinary both physically and emotionally for me.


Water dripping through my wet hair, soggy clothes clinging on to my body, shivering within, I came down, reentered the living room and headed towards the kitchen shelf. Took the cappuccino and went inside the kitchen to heat it up.

My rendesvous with the rains is worth remembering.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Rains are really awesome, we are like peacocks I guess, we love rains so much! I miss rains in California, now that Hyderabad is getting drenched so nicely :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. liked it :-) keep having these 'rendesvous'...

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice... :) now i feel like goin n havin a steaming cup of frothy cappuccino :)

    ReplyDelete