lostinillusion

lostinillusion
illusions of life captured in memory

Friday, August 20, 2010

Years have passed by

Years have passed by.




You had promised a rendezvous.

A rendezvous between you and me. A much awaited rendezvous, which I longed for….

The starry night with a silver moon shining brightly reminded me of you. I stared at the vast sky, trying to figure out the finite in you in its infinity. Every night when my eyes chanced upon a shooting star, I closed my eyes and prayed silently. Prayed for you, prayed for me, prayed for us and prayed for a meeting with you.



You had promised to meet me at our favorite hideout, sans everything. Sans work load, sans classes, sans assignments, sans funeral and sans family. Just you and me and the sky above.



I believed you. Believed you truly. Believed in your words that I last heard from your mouth. Words that you closely whispered in my ears. They lingered for long and they still do. They resonate in my ears, every time I think of you.



It is after all a wait, a wait for my love, my life, a wait for a part within me which I have let go for sometime. But now, years later, the ‘sometime’ has metamorphosed into eternity. I still long for you.



Everything was set. I was dressed in my best dress, sprayed my favorite perfume, looked into the mirror every now and then for last touch ups. It was flawless. No! not really! The meeting was destined to be not. For I, waited for you. ….. years down the line I am still waiting for you……



Years have passed by.

2 comments:

  1. Very sad last line.... very very sad last line.

    I like your use of the word infinity. Infinity is always a good word to use. :)

    C

    ReplyDelete